The Breakout Trends From Fall 2021 New York Fashion Week Runways
Despite the pandemic, many designers made their presence physically felt at the Fall 2021 collections have made the impression that they are here to stay despite the threats in the industry. In the midst of chaos, they have presented new lines that signify hope for a more thriving future once everything returns to normal.
Unlike the trends that dominated the virtual runways of Spring 2021 – elevated knits, elegant coats, tailored trousers, the trends in Fall 2021 were more positive and hopeful. These trends include the following:
- Adobe (Earthy Color)- Knitwear and outerwear was mostly presented in earthy color, the Pantone Color Institute, “Adobe” . This is a pragmatic hue of sun-dried and warm clay
- Slip-ons- The trending slip-ons featured in the collections of several designers, including PH5, Simon Miller, and Sandy Liang
- Slouchy silhouettes and a less sequined version of the 2005 hit, Twitches that appeals whether on a casual or formal overall
- Color Blocking in Pink– The color pink was greatly used by designers as a color blocking option on the runway. It looked both efficient and joyful.
- Modern Grunge– Grunge has made a comeback, but now with a more edgy layering and punky plaids
- Hallucinatory Prints in Grassy shades– Hallucinatory prints at the collections were presented by Kim Shui, CollinaStrada, and Anna Sui and came in grassy shades.